What do we do?
We are on a mission to expedite the AI-age by providing critical tooling infrastructure for engineers to build high accuracy AI models. Our first product is providing high-quality annotations-as-a-service for Autonomous AI (self-driving cars, drones, industrial robots). We're backed by YCombinator, SAIF Partners & Google Launchpad. In the last 18 months, we've established ourselves as a market leader created 200M+ annotations, grown 12X in top line, acquired 50+ enterprise customers across 10+ countries including Didi, Daimler, Ford, Samsung etc.
Why is it important?
High-quality training data is quintessential to improve the precision of ML algorithms. Forbes estimates ML engineers spent 70% of their time in pre/post processing & data management steps. Companies need to build sophisticated tooling (supporting all forms of sensor data), hire and manage hundreds of skilled people to ensure high quality labeled data. Our autonomous driving customers estimate 1 hour of video data needs 800 man-hours of manual human work. Today, at the wake of autonomous car industry only few million kms of data has been labeled and 10x more will be collected before the world sees them on road. Like DevOps is critical to tech implementation, AI Ops will be a big challenge as AI development commercializes in next 5-10 years. We aim to become an AI data platform, a critical part of AI infrastructure stack.
Join us to witness & influence the unfolding of AI, which is the largest technology wave the world will ever see.
5 reasons why you should work at Playment
- Shaping the Future- AI is going to impact the world in more than ways we can imagine. Working at Playment, you'll be at the forefront of this revolution. Imagine the early days when Flipkart was shaping eCommerce or InMobi was shaping the AdTech industry globally.
- Autonomous Vehicles- Autonomous vehicle technology changing the transportation industry. Over $100Bn have been invested by leading investors and automakers. We are the only Indian startup working in this domain.
- International Exposure- We interact with CXOs of revolutionary AI companies - Daily. And it's not limited to founders or the Business team. Our developers attend sales calls, and project managers help maintain customer relationships. If required, you get to travel internationally too!
- Young, smart & driven team- The only thing that helps us sleep at night is if we know that we've solved more problems than surfaced on any particular day. We're young, extremely motivated and always ready for a game of Counter Strike.
- Great Pay & Perks- We work out of a nice, cozy office out of the Tech-Hub of India. Keep you full with food on the house (Breakfast, lunch, and snacks). Provide health and accidental insurance for yourself and your family. Have outings and town-halls every month. AND offer great pay.
Solving interesting problems. You would be working with our customers to understand their requirements, collaborate with Project Managers to design solutions, play around with data to target the right set of users for the project and ensure timely fulfilment of projects.
- Working closely with the Engagement managers to deliver complex projects.
- Come up with innovative solutions for the new and existing problems.
- Designing solutions creatively breaking down large problems into micro-tasks which would be solved by users on the app.
- Create micro-tasks & workflows on internal tools via user-centric designs
- Planning and executing projects end-to-end with complete ownership.
- Collaborating with multiple teams to ensure timely delivery of projects.
- Day-to-day client interaction and expectations for multiple large-scale projects.
- Proactively execute changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Traveling to client location for Project stints.
- Undergraduate from premier institutes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. (MS Excel and SQL is a must)
- Ability to work independently and aggressively track to project timelines.
- Strong communication skills.
- Team player and a great collaborator.
- Gets adrenaline rush in fire-fighting situations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Past experience in working with any tech company/start-up is a plus.