What do we do?
We are on a mission to expedite the AI-age by providing critical tooling infrastructure for engineers to build high accuracy AI models. Our first product is providing high-quality annotations-as-a-service for Autonomous AI (self-driving cars, drones, industrial robots). We're backed by YCombinator, SAIF Partners & Google Launchpad. In the last 18 months, we've established ourselves as a market leader created 200M+ annotations, grown 12X in top line, acquired 50+ enterprise customers across 10+ countries including Didi, Daimler, Ford, Samsung etc.
Why is it important?
High-quality training data is quintessential to improve the precision of ML algorithms. Forbes estimates ML engineers spent 70% of their time in pre/post processing & data management steps. Companies need to build sophisticated tooling (supporting all forms of sensor data), hire and manage hundreds of skilled people to ensure high quality labeled data. Our autonomous driving customers estimate 1 hour of video data needs 800 man-hours of manual human work. Today, at the wake of autonomous car industry only few million kms of data has been labeled and 10x more will be collected before the world sees them on road. Like DevOps is critical to tech implementation, AI Ops will be a big challenge as AI development commercializes in next 5-10 years. We aim to become an AI data platform, a critical part of AI infrastructure stack.
Join us to witness & influence the unfolding of AI, which is the largest technology wave the world will ever see.
Reasons why you should work at Playment
- 1st hire of Playment’s bay area office and influencer of the culture.
- Full ownership to define or influence the go-to-market strategy. Expected to directly contribute to the company’s growth.
- Be a custodian of a startup building the global business from day 1.
- Direct reporting to the Co-founder.
- Opportunities to travel in other parts of USA, Europe or Asia for client meetings and conferences.
- Become an early part of the AI ecosystem by contributing to its development via Playment.
- Own End-to-end outbound sales process from planning, lead generation, demos to closing deals for Playment’s enterprise accounts in the US (primarily San Francisco bay area and Detroit area).
- Collaborate with operations, product and marketing teams to improve and optimize Playment’s go-to-market strategies and tactics.
- Discover and target upselling opportunities in Playment’s strategic accounts.
- Share learnings, Bring in unobvious industry insights and market intelligence with the team to ensure that Playment stays ahead of the curve.
- Have a minimum of 3+ years of enterprise AE or business development experience, preferably at an enterprise software or services company
- Have strong ability to navigate oneself around potential customers by building trustworthy relationships.
- Have the ability to understand distinct, complex enterprise technical requirements and suggest custom solutions.
- Be a self-starter with an ability to work remotely with minimum supervision.
- Have sharp business acumen and perseverance.
- Have proven negotiation and closing skills.
Bonus points if …
- You have a good network of connections in AI or Auto industry.
- Have previous technical or product backgrounds.
- Have fluency in German/Mandarin.