What do we do?
We are on a mission to expedite the AI-age by providing critical tooling infrastructure for engineers to build high accuracy AI models. Our first product is providing high-quality annotations-as-a-service for Autonomous AI (self-driving cars, drones, industrial robots). We're backed by YCombinator, SAIF Partners & Google Launchpad. In the last 18 months, we've established ourselves as a market leader created 200M+ annotations, grown 12X in top line, acquired 50+ enterprise customers across 10+ countries including Didi, Daimler, Ford, Samsung etc.
Why is it important?
High-quality training data is quintessential to improve the precision of ML algorithms. Forbes estimates ML engineers spent 70% of their time in pre/post processing & data management steps. Companies need to build sophisticated tooling (supporting all forms of sensor data), hire and manage hundreds of skilled people to ensure high quality labeled data. Our autonomous driving customers estimate 1 hour of video data needs 800 man-hours of manual human work. Today, at the wake of autonomous car industry only few million kms of data has been labeled and 10x more will be collected before the world sees them on road. Like DevOps is critical to tech implementation, AI Ops will be a big challenge as AI development commercializes in next 5-10 years. We aim to become an AI data platform, a critical part of AI infrastructure stack.
Join us to witness & influence the unfolding of AI, which is the largest technology wave the world will ever see.
5 reasons why you should work at Playment
- Shaping the Future - AI is going to impact the world in more than ways we can imagine. Working at Playment, you'll be at the forefront of this revolution. Imagine the early days when Flipkart was shaping eCommerce or InMobi was shaping the AdTech industry globally.
- Autonomous Vehicles - Autonomous vehicle technology changing the transportation industry. Over $100Bn have been invested by leading investors and automakers. We are the only Indian startup working in this domain.
- International Exposure - We interact with CXOs of revolutionary AI companies - Daily. And it's not limited to founders or the Business team. Our developers attend sales calls, and project managers help maintain customer relationships. If required, you get to travel internationally too!
- Young, smart & driven team - The only thing that helps us sleep at night is if we know that we've solved more problems than surfaced on any particular day. We're young, extremely motivated and always ready for a game of Counter Strike.
- Great Pay & Perks - We work out of a nice, cozy office out of the Tech-Hub of India. Keep you full with food on the house (Breakfast, lunch, and snacks). Provide health and accidental insurance for yourself and your family. Have outings and town-halls every month. AND offer great pay.
What would you be doing?
You'll be managing multiple engagements with same or multiple automobile companies. An engagement encompasses different stages from demonstrating our capabilities to new or existing clients to final delivery of projects. Your core KPIs would include landing and expanding within accounts in collaboration with sales team. You own the delivery and the entire engagement with the help of a team of 3-5 Project Managers.
- Proactive Risk and Escalation management while working with cross-functional/multi-disciplinary teams.
- Managing Business plan targets and budget for the projects in terms of Revenue and profitability
- Align actions to practice and implement Company Vision, Mission, Strategy and Objectives.
- Showcasing communication and leadership skills to build a collaborative approach, both within the firm and customer organization for timely execution
- Fosters a culture of continuous improvement and instills the principles of this culture in the team.
- Work with support function leaders to prioritize roadmaps and project delivery
We are looking for individuals with proven delivery track record having strong problem solving/analytical skills to deliver high-quality outcomes.
- 4-7 years of work experience
- Prefer MBA from Tier 1 Colleges (IIM/ISB)
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed individuals
- Have high energy to lead and drive business
- Entrepreneurial mindset and understands a start-up culture - Positive attitude and desire to learn new technologies
- You are a confident and clear communicator - You defend ideas with objectivity
- You possess strong Interpersonal and people facing skills