What do we do?
We are on a mission to expedite the AI-age by providing critical tooling infrastructure for engineers to build high accuracy AI models. Our first product is providing high-quality annotations-as-a-service for Autonomous AI (self-driving cars, drones, industrial robots). We're backed by YCombinator, SAIF Partners & Google Launchpad. In the last 18 months, we've established ourselves as a market leader created 200M+ annotations, grown 12X in top line, acquired 50+ enterprise customers across 10+ countries including Didi, Daimler, Ford, Samsung etc.
Why is it important?
High-quality training data is quintessential to improve the precision of ML algorithms. Forbes estimates ML engineers spent 70% of their time in pre/post processing & data management steps. Companies need to build sophisticated tooling (supporting all forms of sensor data), hire and manage hundreds of skilled people to ensure high quality labeled data. Our autonomous driving customers estimate 1 hour of video data needs 800 man-hours of manual human work. Today, at the wake of autonomous car industry only few million kms of data has been labeled and 10x more will be collected before the world sees them on road. Like DevOps is critical to tech implementation, AI Ops will be a big challenge as AI development commercializes in next 5-10 years. We aim to become an AI data platform, a critical part of AI infrastructure stack.
Join us to witness & influence the unfolding of AI, which is the largest technology wave the world will ever see.
Playment is building the cognitive infrastructure to make Artificial Intelligence 'intelligent'. Having raised $2.3M to date from Y-Combinator, SAIF Partners & Google Launchpad - We are working with 50+ International customers including Toyota, Drive AI, Starsky Robotics, DiDi Chuxing, among others.
Why is this important?
We are moving towards an AI-first world. All the cool stuff showcased in sci-fi movies is becoming real. Cars driving on roads, drones flying over farms, robots managing factories, cameras policing traffic - it's going to be a fascinating next decade!
But machines are dumb! For them to be able to replace humans, they need to be able to think, act & take decisions like humans. Advances in deep learning (+ 100x cheaper compute) has proven that if we show enough scenarios to machines, they’ll start thinking like humans. [If you want to know more about importance of training data.](https://blog.playment.io/what-is-training-data/)
5 reasons why you should work at Playment
1. Shaping the Future- AI is going to impact the world in more than ways we can imagine. Working at Playment, you'll be at the forefront of this revolution. Imagine the early days when Flipkart was shaping eCommerce or InMobi was shaping the AdTech industry globally.
2. Autonomous Vehicles - Autonomous vehicle technology changing the transportation industry. Leading investors and automakers have invested over $100Bn. We are the only Indian startup working in this domain.
3. International Exposure- We interact with CXOs of revolutionary AI companies - every single day. And it's not limited to the founders or the Business team. Our developers attend sales calls, and project managers help maintain customer relationships. If required, you get to travel internationally too!
4. Young, smart & driven team -The only thing that helps us sleep at night is if we know that we've solved more problems than surfaced on any particular day. We're young, extremely motivated and always ready for a game of Counter-Strike.
5. Great Pay & Perks - We work out of a nice, cozy office out of the Tech-Hub of India. Keep you full with food on the house (Breakfast, lunch, and snacks). Provide health and accidental insurance for yourself and your family. Have outings and town-halls every month. AND offer great pay.
What’s in for you?
Who are we looking for?
Benefits and Perks