Playment is building the cognitive infrastructure to make Artificial Intelligence 'intelligent'. Having raised $2.3M to date from Y-Combinator, SAIF Partners & Google Launchpad - We are working with 50+ International customers including Toyota, Drive AI, Starsky Robotics, DiDi Chuxing, among others.
Why is this important
We are moving towards an AI-first world. All the cool stuff showcased in sci-fi movies is becoming real. Cars driving on roads, drones flying farms, robotic managing factories, cameras policing traffic - it's going to a fascinating next decade!
But machines are dumb! For them to be able to replace humans, they need to be able to think, act & take decisions like humans. Advances in deep learning (+ 100x cheaper compute) has proven that if we show enough scenarios to machines, they’ll start thinking like humans. [If you want to know more about importance of training data.](https://blog.playment.io/what-is-training-data/)
5 reasons why you should work at Playment
1. Shaping the Future - AI is going to impact the world in more than ways we can imagine. Working at Playment, you'll be at the forefront of this revolution. Imagine the early days when Flipkart was shaping eCommerce or InMobi was shaping the AdTech industry globally.
2. Autonomous Vehicles - Autonomous vehicle technology changing the transportation industry. Over $100Bn have been invested by leading investors and automakers. We are the only Indian startup working in this domain.
3. International Exposure- We interact with CXOs of revolutionary AI companies - Daily. And it's not limited to founders or the Business team. Our developers attend sales calls, and project managers help maintain customer relationships. If required, you get to travel internationally too!
4. Young, smart & driven team - The only thing that helps us sleep at night is if we know that we've solved more problems than surfaced on any particular day. We're young, extremely motivated and always ready for a game of Counter Strike.
5. Great Pay & Perks - We work out of a nice, cozy office out of the Tech-Hub of India. Keep you full with food on the house (Breakfast, lunch, and snacks). Provide health and accidental insurance for yourself and your family. Have outings and town-halls every month. AND offer great pay.
About the role
Playment is on the lookout for a razor focused outbound sales maven.
The Business Development Executive at Playment (YC W17) acts as the first custodian of our customers - Who are at the forefront of building autonomous vehicles and other computer vision applications such as facial recognition, drones, etc. The core responsibility of the SDR is to develop and nurture a healthy pipeline of qualified leads that would translate to our ever-growing revenue goals. This opportunity would allow you to interact with CXOs, Computer Vision/Machine Learning Researchers, and Product Leads from a plethora of cutting edge Automotive Vehicle (AV) companies, suppliers and related startups likes of which include Tesla, Mercedes Benz, BMW, Toyota, Amazon, etc.
This role includes smart development of prospects through research focussed lead generation, and account based reach-out strategies. Often including a mix of bite-sized email campaigns, social media, and more often than not - picking up the phone!
Lead Generation, Research our target accounts and identify the right prospects (Key decision makers) and cultivate interest. Bonus if you have practiced concepts of Account Based Marketing.
Run customized E-Mail campaigns with crisp messaging and constantly assess their performance. Iterate and improve.
Conduct product demo and qualification meetings with prospects coming from both outbound and inbound channels.
Meet/Exceed quota of qualified leads each quarter.
Ensure CRM data is always updated with the correct metrics and lead stages.
Collaborate with Marketing and Business Development Managers to innovate and optimize reach-out strategies.
Observe and document trends in the Computer Vision industry through conversations with prospects and general research.
A minimum of 1 year of experience in a Sales/Customer facing role in a B2B environment.
Strong written and spoken communication skill.
Proven track record with end to end lead generation processes.
Very high perseverance and no can’t do attitude.
Experience with using CRM and Email Campaign tools.
Knowledge of B2B enterprise sales.