Playment is building the cognitive infrastructure to make Artificial Intelligence 'intelligent'. Having raised $2.3M to date from Y-Combinator, SAIF Partners & Google Launchpad - We are working with 50+ International customers including Toyota, Drive AI, Starsky Robotics, DiDi Chuxing, among others.
Why is this important?
We are moving towards an AI-first world. All the cool stuff showcased in sci-fi movies is becoming real. Cars driving on roads, drones flying over farms, robots managing factories, cameras policing traffic - it's going to be a fascinating next decade!
But machines are dumb! For them to be able to replace humans, they need to be able to think, act & take decisions like humans. Advances in deep learning (+ 100x cheaper compute) has proven that if we show enough scenarios to machines, they’ll start thinking like humans. If you want to know more about importance of training data.
5 reasons why you should work at Playment
- Shaping the Future- AI is going to impact the world in more than ways we can imagine. Working at Playment, you'll be at the forefront of this revolution. Imagine the early days when Flipkart was shaping eCommerce or InMobi was shaping the AdTech industry globally.
- Autonomous Vehicles- Autonomous vehicle technology changing the transportation industry. Over $100Bn have been invested by leading investors and automakers. We are the only Indian startup working in this domain.
- International Exposure- We interact with CXOs of revolutionary AI companies - every single day. And it's not limited to the founders or the Business team. Our developers attend sales calls, and project managers help maintain customer relationships. If required, you get to travel internationally too!
- Young, smart & driven team - The only thing that helps us sleep at night is if we know that we've solved more problems than surfaced on any particular day. We're young, extremely motivated and always ready for a game of Counter Strike.
- Great Pay & Perks - We work out of a nice, cozy office out of the Tech-Hub of India. Keep you full with food on the house (Breakfast, lunch, and snacks). Provide health and accidental insurance for yourself and your family. Have outings and town-halls every month. AND offer great pay.
Why this role?
- This role offers an opportunity to build complex technical products that will be used by the world's most technically savvy computer vision engineers on the one hand and the average person looking to make a side-income on the other hand.
- You will work closely with customers to co-develop 1st generation products in a market that's just getting started.
- You will be part of a world-class team that will constantly challenge your assumptions and push you to get better every day.
- You will own the complete roadmap for Playment's annotation tools
- Understand the computer vision market & customer requirements in-depth
- Prioritise pragmatically to balance expectations from multiple customers
- This is a very collaborative role where you will be working with a number of teams. You will:
- Work closely with computer vision engineers to understand technical nuances of the training data needs for building high quality computer vision models
- Work closely with product designers to understand annotator behaviour and improve tool usability to eventually drive down the cost of annotations
- Work closely with Engineering to develop complex tools for annotating 2D & 3D data that work seamlessly even on an aam-aadmi'slaptop with a flaky internet connection
- Work closely with Operations teams to drive the adoption of tools across the annotator community and in all internal workflows.
- Work closely with Sales & Product Marketing teams to develop sales & marketing content geared towards high-tech enterprises
- Communicate clearly & set expectations in a manner that optimises the team's time
- At least 3 years of product management experience in building highly technical or design-heavy products
- An undergraduate CS degree or equivalent practical technical experience
- Experience working in a high-growth, fast-paced environment
- Experience in working in a collaborative role where you have been highly dependent on others and others have been reliant on you
- Strong analytical & quantitative skills
- Good To Have
- Experience with product design
- Experience with machine learning
- Experience working in a enterprise product company