What do we do?
We are on a mission to expedite the AI-age by providing critical tooling infrastructure for engineers to build high accuracy AI models. Our first product is providing high-quality annotations-as-a-service for Autonomous AI (self-driving cars, drones, industrial robots). We're backed by YCombinator, SAIF Partners & Google Launchpad. In the last 18 months, we've established ourselves as a market leader created 200M+ annotations, grown 12X in top line, acquired 50+ enterprise customers across 10+ countries including Didi, Daimler, Ford, Samsung etc.
Why is it important?
High-quality training data is quintessential to improve the precision of ML algorithms. Forbes estimates ML engineers spent 70% of their time in pre/post processing & data management steps. Companies need to build sophisticated tooling (supporting all forms of sensor data), hire and manage hundreds of skilled people to ensure high quality labeled data. Our autonomous driving customers estimate 1 hour of video data needs 800 man-hours of manual human work. Today, at the wake of autonomous car industry only few million kms of data has been labeled and 10x more will be collected before the world sees them on road. Like DevOps is critical to tech implementation, AI Ops will be a big challenge as AI development commercializes in next 5-10 years. We aim to become an AI data platform, a critical part of AI infrastructure stack.
Join us to witness & influence the unfolding of AI, which is the largest technology wave the world will ever see.
5 reasons why you should work at Playment
- Shaping the Future- AI is going to impact the world in more than ways we can imagine. Working at Playment, you'll be at the forefront of this revolution. Imagine the early days when Flipkart was shaping eCommerce or InMobi was shaping the AdTech industry globally.
- Autonomous Vehicles- Autonomous vehicle technology changing the transportation industry. Over $100Bn have been invested by leading investors and automakers. We are the only Indian startup working in this domain.
- International Exposure- We interact with CXOs of revolutionary AI companies - every single day. And it's not limited to the founders or the Business team. Our developers attend sales calls, and project managers help maintain customer relationships. If required, you get to travel internationally too!
- Young, smart & driven team - The only thing that helps us sleep at night is if we know that we've solved more problems than surfaced on any particular day. We're young, extremely motivated and always ready for a game of Counter Strike.
- Great Pay & Perks - We work out of a nice, cozy office out of the Tech-Hub of India. Keep you full with food on the house (Breakfast, lunch, and snacks). Provide health and accidental insurance for yourself and your family. Have outings and town-halls every month. AND offer great pay.
Why this role?
- This role offers an opportunity to build complex technical products that will be used by the world's most technically savvy computer vision engineers on the one hand and the average person looking to make a side-income on the other hand.
- You will work closely with customers to co-develop 1st generation products in a market that's just getting started.
- You will be part of a world-class team that will constantly challenge your assumptions and push you to get better every day.
- You will own the complete roadmap for Playment's annotation tools
- Understand the computer vision market & customer requirements in-depth
- Prioritise pragmatically to balance expectations from multiple customers
- This is a very collaborative role where you will be working with a number of teams. You will:
- Work closely with computer vision engineers to understand technical nuances of the training data needs for building high quality computer vision models
- Work closely with product designers to understand annotator behaviour and improve tool usability to eventually drive down the cost of annotations
- Work closely with Engineering to develop complex tools for annotating 2D & 3D data that work seamlessly even on an aam-aadmi'slaptop with a flaky internet connection
- Work closely with Operations teams to drive the adoption of tools across the annotator community and in all internal workflows.
- Work closely with Sales & Product Marketing teams to develop sales & marketing content geared towards high-tech enterprises
- Communicate clearly & set expectations in a manner that optimises the team's time
- At least 3 years of product management experience in building highly technical or design-heavy products
- An undergraduate CS degree or equivalent practical technical experience
- Experience working in a high-growth, fast-paced environment
- Experience in working in a collaborative role where you have been highly dependent on others and others have been reliant on you
- Strong analytical & quantitative skills
- Good To Have
- Experience with product design
- Experience with machine learning
- Experience working in a enterprise product company